Monday, July 15, 2013

Waiting for Morning

Waiting for Morning
-- Philip Turk

On this night there was disbelief
A chapter comes to a close
And all my sadness was swept away
Once the sun arose

Will time become our enemy
When the bloom has lost its luster?
Will there come a day when I must find
All the courage that I can muster?

The road I've walked has led me to thee
Whereupon you gave me a key
To finally open another door
I'll deceive myself no more

Chorus
You seemed so alive in my dreams tonight
As I lie here ... waiting for morning
You held out your hand to me
At peace in the middle of the storm
Should I care what the future will bring?
When all that I have is now?
I can no longer hide who I am deep inside
As I lie here ... waiting for morning

A new day will come soon enough
But life doesn't come without pain
If all our answers come too easy
Then all our demons remain

Can we look beyond our needs
And just enjoy the dance?
Can we look inwards for happiness
And learn to take this chance?

The road I've walked has led me to thee
Whereupon you helped me to see
This moment will not last
It's time to release the past 

Chorus
You seemed so alive in my dreams tonight
As I lie here ... waiting for morning
You held out your hand to me
At peace in the middle of the storm
Should I care what the future will bring?
When all that I have is now?
I can no longer hide who I am deep inside
As I lie here ... waiting for morning

Should I give in to all this fear?
When all that I have is now?
I can no longer be what the others want to see
As I lie here ... waiting for the hope of morning 

© 2013



No comments:

Post a Comment