Wednesday, February 20, 2013

A Birthday Song for my Friend Sarah

The Finish Line

We stood out in the darkness, I remember what you said
``Don't you know, there's just a few miles left to go?"
You gave so selflessly, I knew you believed in me

Chorus
Everyone deserves to have a song
To know that they belong
Well we ran across the mountains
We went out on the sea
I hear your voice calling out to me ... finish line ... finish line
You pushed me on to the finish line

Your passion is a beacon, that always lights the way
Don't you know, we all draw on your strength?
Below your still surface, is a depth to your purpose

Chorus
Everyone deserves to have a song
To know that they belong
Well we ran across the mountains
We went out on the sea
I hear your voice calling out to me ... finish line ... finish line
You pushed me on to the finish line

Storms will come and fears will grow
Take these thoughts and let them go
As we build a history
What's ahead is a mystery

Chorus
Everyone deserves to have a song
To know that they belong
Well we ran across the mountains
We went out on the sea
I hear your voice calling out to me ... finish line ... finish line
You pushed me on to the finish line
Drove me on to the finish line
Waited for me at the finish line

-- Philip Turk, ©



2 comments:

  1. Thank you Phil. I am incredibly touched by this. I saw your link when I was at the office but didn't want our colleagues to see me weeping at my desk so I was afraid to open it. :) Love you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you like it, Sarah. Happy Birthday!

      Delete