Monday, September 24, 2012

Time to Play

We were victims of circumstance
In a stress-filled situation
Aren't we playing a game of chance?
Denying the things unsaid
Fighting against destiny ...

Chorus
And trouble grows
And the strong one lies
I can tell how you feel by the look in your eyes
The connection is there
At the dawn of the day
When the time has come to play

An attraction that is evident
Under a thinly veiled guise
And now I feel so tired and spent
After the noon rendezvous
After the justifying's done ...

Refrain
All I can think of is the face
Of the person in the photo on the wall
Would I be the one to replace
The person in the photo on the wall?

Chorus 2x
And trouble grows
And the strong one lies
I can tell how you feel by the look in your eyes
The connection is there
At the dawn of the day
When the time has come to play

-- Philip Turk, ©



No comments:

Post a Comment